Paradigm is a organization, forming in June 2015 from the former TRIG eSports roster. The org is currently banned from any future SMITE events and is believed to be closed.
On June 25th 2015, Paradigm was formed from the former roster of TRIG eSports when the company that owned the oginzation, Trig Social Media, was investigated for 'suspicions of irregularities.'. Coming off seven consecutive wins, the newly named Paradigm faced off against London Conspiracy, a team which shared the 8-4 record and 3rd place rank with Paradigm. In a convincing 2-0 victory, Paradigm capped off the season with a 9-game win streak and claimed 3rd place, securing a place in the Summer Finals.
At the Summer Finals, Paradigm came up against a weakened Cloud 9, who had their starting hunter BaRRaCCuDDa unable to play due to sickness. Paradigm quickly began picking apart C9, taking two quick victories over the former world champions. However, BaRRaCCuDDa was able to return for game 3, rallying back and taking a game off Paradigm, putting the series at 2-1. However, Paradigm's strength showed in the fourth game, closing out the series and advancing to play against the EU 1st seed Titan. The first game in the semifinals went easily Titan's way, snowballing a massive early game lead into a quick win. That would be the only win for Titan, with Paradigm winning the next three matches convincingly and advancing to the grand finals. Once there, they would face their fellow 3rd seed from across the pond, Team SoloMid. The exciting series went back and forth, including the longest game of the tournament in game 2, a 49-minute slugfest that was won by Paradigm. In the end, though, TSM was able to edge out Paradigm, and closed the series 1-3, leaving Paradigm to finish at a respectable 2nd place in their first tournament under the new name.
Fall Split and World Championships
Fall Split and Org's Banning
While the team did surprisingly well at the start of Fall Placement Tourney, the team and organization began to have internal troubles due to "unacceptable contracts" . This led to the roster wanting to leave as well as keep their spot in the Pro League, whereas Paradigm said they had to sign the contract or they would be unable to play under Paradigm's name, and not keep the spot. The contract in question demanded the players give the organization 25% of total winnings (after taxes and travel expenses), all of the Paradigm Awilix skin sales and in return give the players a mere $1.00 USD monthly salary. Eventually, Hi-Rez stepped in with reports that Paradigm sent threatening emails to the studio during their investigation of the org. In the end, Hi-Rez gave rights of the spot to Lawbster and banned Paradigm from future Hi-Rez events. Afterwards, the player roster renamed to Bipolar Method and was soon acquired by Orbit eSports. Since then, Paradigm has believed to have been shut down, if not from the owners themselves, then by the Canadian government, whom reported that the organization had owed thousands of dollars in bad taxes.
- March 19th, JacobHL joins as substitute.
- March 23rd, Zimpstar and Xektzor step down from organization. Lydia takes the role as manager.
- June 2nd, JacobHL leaves.
- June 3rd, KaLaS will substitute for Trixtank in SMITE Masters 2016.
- September 8th, roster is released. Xaliea, QvoFred, Lawbster, Funballer, Trixtank, Lloydy, and ImDazer leave.
- September 9th, organization is banned from competing in any Hi-Rez-sanctioned league or game, and has to transfer its SPL spot to former captain Lawbster.
- June 25th, Paradigm is formed with the roster of TRIG eSports. Lawbster, Xaliea, QvoFred, Trixtank, Funballer, Lloydy, ImDazer, and Zimpstar join.
- September 13th, Lydia joins as assistant manager.
- November 22nd, Battle & Brew sponsors Paradigm.
- December 4th, GFUEL sponsors Paradigm.
|| Bipolar Method
- ↑ Roster's statement on contracts
- ↑ Competitive Ruling: PARADIGM ESPORTS
- ↑ JacobHL joins Paradigm as sub
- ↑ JacobHL leaves Paradigm
- ↑ KaLaS replaces Trixtank during SMITE Masters
- ↑ Paradigm roster is released
- ↑ Battle and Brew sponsors Paradigm
- ↑ GFUEL sponsors Paradigm