John "BaRRaCCuDDa" Salter is an American SMITE player. He is currently playing hunter for Luminosity Gaming.
BaRRaCCuDDa currently resides in Cartersville, Georgia. He and his siblings used to play video games on the Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo 64. This evolved into LAN parties on weekends with his friends. Competitive gaming was a pipe dream of his, a major interest for the young BaRRaCCuDDa who watched MLG tournaments for Halo 2 and Halo 3. He graduated from college in 2013 with a B.S. in Exercise and Health Science. After college, he didn't have a job, allowing a smooth transition to competitive gaming in Halo: Reach, competing in MLG Columbus 2012 for the team Crystal Clear. He learned about SMITE, soon becoming one of the first competitive SMITE players.
- Graduated with a Bachelors in Exercise and Health Science.
- Used to run a competitive clan in a game called Savage: The Battle for Newerth.
- Used to put 50 hours a week minimum into playing Starcraft 2 and Halo:Reach combined.
- His girlfriend, "Derpybear", also plays SMITE.
- Coined the term "Rosterpocalypse" to describe the mass number of both NA and EU Smite teams that underwent extreme roster changes following the Season 2 NA Regional Championship and Season 2 EU Regional Championship.
- Has a habit of not wearing shoes at LAN.
- He created his in-game name when he saw the word "BARRACUDA" on a lawnmower when he was 12 years old.
- He is one of four North American players to have attended all 3 World Championships consecutively. Of all players across regions, he is one of six (CaptainTwig (EU), MLCst3alth (NA), JeffHindla (NA), andinster (NA), and BlueWhale (CN) are the others).
Team and Tournament History